Do you like music? Sure, we all do.
Well, I saw this little non-movie meme posted over on Cut the Crap Movie Reviews and decided that I’d fill it out for meself. It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted something anyways.
I need to get back to watching a movie or two, eh?
Anyways, on to the music questions!
1. Open up your iTunes, music player, spin the CD, whatever, hit shuffle and tell us what is the first song to play…
Full Moon, Empty Heart – Belly
Gotta love that Tanya Donelly!
2. Name your top 5 favorite bands/musicians of all time
This is difficult since my tastes have changed over the years, but I guess the most lasting ones would be:
The Beatles, Camera Obscura, Dar Williams, The Nields, and ELO
3. What was your first CD to own? (8 track, Record, CD, MP3 for the newbies)
I don’t recall exactly what the first thing I owned was, but it was definitely on a record. It was probably either the single Take On Me by Aha or Take These Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
4. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
I’m assuming it’s The Beatles. It definitely is if you count all their solo stuff as well.
5. What was the last song you listened to?
Currently playing on my mp3 player is…Dead of Winter by the Eels.
6. What song would you say sums you up?
Nowhere Man – The Beatles…heck, in Yellow Submarine the Nowhere Man was even named Jeremy.
7. What’s your favorite local band or band that originated from your hometown?
That’s easy, The Sarah Mac Band! Yeah, they’re friends of mine, but they’re good too. And I made their website for them. 🙂 http://www.sarahmacband.com
8. What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to?
That’s tough. Seeing Paul McCartney at the Georgia Dome in 1993 was good. But I also very much enjoyed seeing Camera Obscura for the first time at the Club Downunder in Tallahassee in 2007. The Stars put on a very good show there too.
9. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Probably Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura.
10. What was the greatest decade for music?
60s, though pretty much every decade from the 50s on has had some good music if you look hard enough for it.
11. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Might have to go with Rushmore…
12. What’s the most awful CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought?
Back in the day I bought a CD by Jennifer Paige after hearing that song she did, Crush. Yeah, embarrassing…
13. What’s your favorite band t-shirt or poster?
I never owned any band posters that I recall. My brother had a cool White Album poster though. As for t-shirts, I think my favorite one was a Kate Rusby shirt that was black and had a little cartoon drawing of her on it. Sadly, it started falling apart, but I still have it. I had a pretty cool Beatles Hey Jude shirt in high school as well.
14. Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
Beatles, and it’s not even close. Though, I do like a fair number of Stones songs.
15. What is the one song you would most like played at your funeral? Your birthday? While on a romantic date?
Razzle Dazzle Rose by Camera Obscura…for all three occasions. 🙂